Saturday, September 11, 2010

Farragut State Park

This morning I drove over to Farragut State Park on Lake Pend Oreille in northern Idaho to go kayaking. It isn't very far away and it's really nice there.

This is the view from the shorline trail down to the lake.

I beached the kayak several times. For how cheap of a kayak it is, it works great!

When I'm at Farragut State Park I just want to hike, camp, chop wood and do boy scout things..

I retain the rights to all of my photos.  Please do not use without permission.

5 comments:

Jules said...

Everything about this post is delicious. I'm craving it all right now.

don said...

It's a beautiful place.

Diane Lowe said...

Very nice!

Looks like a beautiful day!

Quiet Paths said...

Thx for posting this; we must place it on our "to visit" list. It reminds me a bit of Lake Alva. Great shots.

don said...

Farragut is a great place to camp. In peak season you'd want to call a head to get reservations though or come during the week.

Of course Lake Pend Oreille is quite large like Flathead. It's all wooded on one side. But it's nice at the south end where Farragut is, and often calm in the morning and evening. It sort of reminds me of Hungry Horse. But bigger.