Wednesday, October 17, 2007

And now the news

I've been thinking about how pathetic our so called news is. There is so much going on in the world, and we report a car wreck in California and Ellen giving her dog away and then having it taken away because she broke her contract with the dog rescue place. Is that the most important thing going on in the world? What in the heck is going on with the war in Afganistan? One guy got the medal of honor I know that. But what actually went on over there this week? Was there any progress? And what about Iraq? What happened there today? I just assume more people got killed. But who knows if there was any progress? There was a story about kids learning to speak Chinese, I guess that's news?

It's no wonder nobody knows what's going on in the world. The network news consists of human intrest stories punctuated by medication comercials. The whole package is medicating us into not knowing what is going on.

"We interupt the Ellen Degeneres story to tell you that Bush has just started WWIII with Iran." What? Does Ellen get her dog back?

3 comments:

GrewUpRural said...

I have actually stopped watching the news. I either read the papers or go online and read the papers.

Megan said...

I have Headline News on this morning, in the background. There hasn't been a story, yet, to make me stop what I am doing (email, folding laundry, unloading the dishwasher) and pay attentio.

Don - it is sad, but true.

don said...

Stop watching,..I guess I wouldn't miss anything and I don't need any meds.

Yes it is sad.