Monday, October 01, 2007

Retro range

Here is a photo of the Gouchenour kitchen. It's the kitchen in the Gochenour cabin where I stay while I'm at Flathead Lake in Montana. It has a Kelvinator stove and matching refrigerator. I guess Kelvinator merged with Nash motors in 1937. These things were built to last, and are attractive objects. I really like the stove. The refrigerator is kind of old tech however, and clearly older than the stove, but it still works and was made in the 1940s or perhaps 30s. It has an older logo on it. I'd like a newer refrigerator but I'll just work around this one as it is so cool. (pardon the pun), a new one just wouldn't be the same. The first thing I do when I get to the Geouchenour cabin is plug the refrigerator in and turn on the power, and it rumbles back to life. If it ever konks out I'll get a more modern one from the 1950s.

4 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

Very cool appliances you have there Don!

You're leaving us in suspense! When are we gonna get that recipe? ;)

don said...

I know, I realized on my way home from work that I have that recipe at work on my computer and even though I wrote it, I don't want to have to re-write it. I'll post it tomorrow.

GrewUpRural said...

I like the kitchen. I have a special place in my heart for retro kitchen items. I guess the love came from working in a culinary musuem during college.

don said...

What a great job to have in college! Then you'd like my dinette in my regular house.