Saturday, October 06, 2007

Great seats

I was going to go to Montana today but I realized that I had more to do here than over there. Plus I wanted to go for a bike ride. I cleaned out my truck, and tomorrow I'm going to put the camper on it for hunting camp/ camps that start next weekend. I was just going to vacuum the truck out but the old seat cover was torn, so I decided to put a new one on. Several years ago I had bought a new one at a liquidation place. I've never had the old cover off so I got a look at how the factory seats looked. Here is the photo. Turkey in the straw comes to mind. I think they are kind of cool actually. Can you imagine buying a truck with seats like this now?

And this brings to mind a conversation I once had,.."You need a new truck don!" Jane said. "This here's a good truck." I replied with a puzzled look on my face. "It's old!" Jane said. "You can afford a new truck!". "Don't need a new one." I responded.

Well I still have the truck. Don't know where Jane is.

6 comments:

GrewUpRural said...

Vehicles seem to last much longer than relationships.

It seems like a lot of people tell you, "Don, you need this...you need that." If I were in your shoes, having people tell me that would get annoying really quick.

don said...

In my case, vehicles seem to last much longer than relationships is an understatement. :)

Megan said...

Cool truck!

don said...

Thanks Megan, you need to have a talk with Jane,..

Diane Lowe said...

Wow Don! Those seats are in really good condition!

Vehicles of mine also last much longer than relationships, although I've gotten more than one nice comment on my new car (yes I bought a new one, but it's a Toyota and I'll drive it into the ground before I stop driving it. I love that little red zoomer.).

I don't know why anyone would make such a mean/asinine comment about someone's car. I mean, if you really think about it, the car someone drives really is a manifestation of their personality. You can tell so much about a person by looking at the car they drive and at how well they maintain the car.

I think if you wanted to buy a truck with seats like those now, you would have to have them custom upholstered or something. :-/

don said...

I can't afford to drive this truck very often. I have a large boat that requires a big truck to tow it.

It has two tanks that each hold 16 gallons. I put $80. in it and it still didn't fill it up! When I tow my boat it only gets 8 mpg. !!! Thankfully the boat launch is only a mile from my place. It gets 12 mpg on it's own. It has a great big 460 7 liter V8 with a 4 bbl carb. But I figure I can buy a lot of gas for the price of a new one.

The up-side,.. I can drag race it, I can work on it, and I can pass anyone I want. :)

And it's yellow!

And it has a cowboy hat holder.