Sunday, May 19, 2013

The weeping willow tree

If I had perfect grass down here would it look any better?.. Don't get me wrong,. I do my share of mowing I can assure you.  When you're young you think things will never change.  And now I don't trust things not to change.

I took that canoe out and went down the shore.  Got to see a couple of eagles fight.  I felt a little bad about it because my presence made the first eagle fly into the other guy's, or gals territory..  Gotta fight for the things you want.

she said that she would always love me
oh how could I believe it untrue
until an angel softly whispered
she can never be with you

so bury me beneath the willow
under the weeping willow tree
where she can find me where I'm sleeping
and perhaps she'll weep for me.

That's the only weeping willow song I know.

4 comments:

Jules said...

One does have to fight for the things one loves.. and we don't have to feel guilty about staying strong in our presence, no matter who else is involved in the ride.

Another willow song is "Whisky Lullaby". It's Brad Paisley and Allison Kraus I believe. It's a terribly sad song, but I love to sing along with it.

Here's a verse:
She put that bottle to her head and pulled the trigger
And finally drank away his memory
Life is short, but this time it was bigger
Than the strength she had to get up off her knees
We found her with her face down in the pillow
Clinging to his picture for dear life
We laid her next to him beneath the willow
While the angels sang a whiskey lullaby.

Do you know it?

don said...

No I don't know it, but it sounds worse than my song.

don said...

the story line is worse that is..

Jules said...

Yes, it's a sad, sad song