Friday, September 26, 2014

Mid century dinette

I saw this mid century dinette at an antique mall a month or so ago.  I thought it was so cool but they wanted what I thought was too much money for it, $275 or something like that.  So I left but I did regret not buying it.. Well I wandered back into that shop the other day and they had dropped the price down to $125.  I thought it would be gone and they had moved it.  So I got it for $100.  The chairs are from a later set but I think they match up well.  It replaces my older 1940s set that can be seen here

I know what you're thinking,. the yellow one is cooler and I do love the table, but chairs are torn up and it wasn't a matching set either.  Actually this "new" one is much nicer and more unique.  I can relate to the design better.  It's a little more space age.  It's larger also and more comfortable.  This thing makes me happy just to look at it.

5 comments:

Jules said...

I'm all for things that make you happy just looking at them! It really suits you and your vibe that you've got going on there, HB. It's growing on me, too. :)

don said...

You're gonna love the cat shaped magazine rack..

Jules said...

LOL!! (I'm only half sure I won't...)

Unknown said...

It fits the space better too! Cool table. In CA they would be asking 500 minimum in an antique store. Without garage sales with clueless people, we would have no furniture.

don said...

Thanks. I've heard vintage things like this are expensive in CA, but I sort of thought shop owners here were just saying that to get us to pay more.