Sunday, August 08, 2010

Lariat

I was haning out with some Montana cowboys over the weekend and was treated to some impressive lariat work. Man, it was really something to watch! My old man would have loved to have seen this.
We were sitting around the fire at night listening to one of the old cowboys play guitar sing cowboy songs when they found out that I play guitar.. They asked me to play and brushed it off for a while, but then the guy with the lariat said in a very calm voice, "I don't mean to be obnoxious Don, but I'd Iike for you to get your guitar and play us a song.."
Well I figured from the tone of his voice I'd better comply or I might find myself at the end of his lasso!,..and the last time I saw a cowboy with a lasso, a bull lost his um,. bullhood,. Then I got roped and the cowboy said Don's next!

2 comments:

Jules said...

Hahaha, I love how you tell stories. This is a cool pic. We have different "cowboys" up here.. they wear western clothes from Lamlees and it seems like always a competition for the biggest belt buckle or hat. I don't think I've ever seen a lasso throwin' cowboy wearing a t-shirt. Love his skills though, and apparently he's got the right tone, to have roped you into playing for everyone! Nice!

don said...

Yep he's the real deal.