Monday, February 11, 2013

Camera phone pictures

So I haven't posted any skiing pictures this year yet.  I haven't been skiing with my camera that much.  I just go and do the recreational race then get out of the race boots as quickly as I can.  If the weather is nice and I haven't had too much Lange bang, I'll put the boots back on and go back out and cruise for a while.  The other morning it was really nice on the top of the ski hill so I took a snap with my phone.  It's nice to get above the gloomy fog the non-skiers have to endure all winter.

I'm going to get a new smart phone soon.  I'm going to miss this cheap camera phone though.  It's sort of like using a box camera or something.  Just have to work within its limitations and sometimes I like the results.  Below is a picture of some gas pumps I took with my camera phone that I liked.



2 comments:

Jules said...

Well if there's anything that will get me downhill skiing, it's views like that, and not being stuck down in the fog all day! Rise above, rise above!

Bye old camera phone (I remember liking that pic before also), you'll probably enjoy the new phone's camera too, though I think your analogy about it being like an old box camera will probably still apply. I definitely prefer "real" cameras to cell phone ones.

don said...

Yes there's nothing like driving up the hill in the morning and into the sunshine. Really makes you feel good.

I thought your phone had a nice camera on it actually. I've liked the pictures you've taken with it. I think my new one will be pretty much the same. I'll probably get a lot of use out of it.