Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Richard Nixon quote

Always give your best, never get discouraged, never be petty; always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself.

***
That's my favorite quote.  What I want to know is did he just come up with that off the top of his head or did he compose it?  I'd give anything to be able to just come up with stuff like that at the drop of a hat.  No wonder he got to be president..

Others may hate you?  I always thought you had to give people reasons to hate you. Maybe you don't have to give people reasons to hate you.  What do I know?.. 

2 comments:

Jules said...

I think people have to give people reason to be hated. But the sad thing is that ill feelings can stem from just the smallest thing and balloon into hatred before you even realize it. I don't know if Nixon thought of that off the cuff or not, but I agree with you, it's an awesome quote.

don said...

I think some people hate for no reason.