Thursday, May 29, 2014

Juniper in the mountains


It was grey and overcast on our hike to the top of the Hoodoos outside of Fairmont.  So that's never the best for photography when it comes to the sky.  I have a fondness for junipers like this one.  They remind me of Flathead Lake, but like everything they have their place.

It seems like every day I get behind a great big diesel pickup truck on my commute to work.  That's what happened today. And that means I can't drive with the window down.  I want to smell the morning air, the river and all of the springtime plants before I'm stuck in the office all day.  But instead I get a headache from the diesel smoke and arive at work feeling sick and in a bad mood.  Those trucks have their place but commuting to work in a vehicle big enough to haul freight isn't the best.  How do people justify that?

I reserve the rights to my photos.  Do not use without use without permission.

1 comment:

Jules said...

That's a really pretty picture, even with the sky all cloudy. I think it turned out better than any of mine did.

Diesel trucks are gross. I've had that happen to me countless times too.. and they always seem so loud as well. Not cool.