Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Running in the snow

Nothing stops some people from running. I really don't get it... I sort of get it, but I don't get it. This couple lives at the foot of a great ski resort and they aren't skiing, they are running on an epic pow day. "Let's go for a run with the dog honey."

Hmm..

Well I don't have a wife or a dog, and perhaps if I did I'd be willing to run with them in a snow storm. I seriously doubt it though. The last time I ran in the snow I think it was at a track meet in Butte Montana. I froze my hind end off. They had to force us out of the school bus. Track took all of the fun out of running for me. I was a sprinter when I was in school and was the anchor man on a relay team. It's not that I need to have fun while I'm working out either, and I often don't have fun when I cycle, but the bike can be fun at times. Skiing is always fun for me, but after track I never wanted to run again.

You couldn't even pay me to run now,.. but this couple seems to enjoy it. I don't think the dog knows any better.

2 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

Aw!

The dog is probably just happy to be outside.

don said...

You might be right,. but the dog reminds me of myself when I was in track.