Friday, August 14, 2009

New Hobie Cat 16 sails

There must be a lot of people out there who need new sails for their Hobie Cat, so here's what the new sails look like on my boat. Made in the United States, so that's a bonus, unlike some windsurfing sails. Hobie sails are a good value compaired to windsurfing sails. One thing I noticed is that the main pops over in a jibe just like a windsurfing sail as the curves in the battens flip over.

They came with a new number so if you want your old number be sure to tell them. I don't really care as I'm not racing. It was a big improvement. It seems to have put the center of effort back where it should be and the bow doesn't seem to push in as much. Now I wouldn't mind getting a boom vang, which this boat didn't have. It's raining right now so I'm not sure if I'll get to sail. I only like it when it rains anyway,. unless I want to sail.

2 comments:

Jules said...

How calm and tranquil yet exhilirating that must be!!

don said...

If you've never been sailing, don't pass up a chance to go.

(unless it looks like the perfect storm out there)

I'm going to put an outside of the bubble cow on the mainsail below the number.