Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Glacier Park vacation pictures

Here's a picture Queenie took of me at Logan Pass in Glacier Park. She usually takes better pictures than I do. They have just opened the Going to the Sun Highway so there's lots of snow on Logan Pass. Fact is, some of the trails are closed due to snow cover, and someone died recently sliding off of the trail. We actually saw someone fall and slide a long way. They were ok but it had to smart. We didn't get on anything too steep but we did go to the foot of where I used to ski.
Here is a picture of Queenie kayaking on Lake McDonald. We stayed in Apgar campground which is on the right in this picture. We enjoyed the kayaks on Lake Pend Oreille in Idaho at Farragut State park too. We were out on three of the most beautiful lakes in the northwest this vacation. Pend Oreille, Flathead and Lake McDonald.

4 comments:

Jules said...

That is such a great photo of you! I love it. I love the one of me in the kayak too, it shows off those mountains so well in West Glacier.

don said...

You always take nice pictures!

Diane Lowe said...

It looks gorgeous out there!

don said...

It was really nice up there that day.