Saturday, April 18, 2009

Snowcat skiing

Today might have been my last day of skiing this year. It was a pretty good day to end on. Plus I lived through it.. I ran into my friend Russell who I went to school in Bozeman with so I skied with him and his friends a for a while. They were giving people free snowcat rides to a peak you usually have to hike up to so Russell and I made the last trip of the day in it. We were the 12th and 13th people and they only take 13. So it worked out perfect.

The snowcat arives to pick us up.
The driver will lower that basket and some of the
people will ride up there with the skis and boards.
We rode in the coach in the back.

My friend Russell on the ride up. He looks docile in this picture, but he's insane.

Looking forward in the snowcat.
I wanted to ride up there with the driver, but it didn't work out that way.

Some fellow snowcat riders. Anthony Hopkins and Miguel Indurain. Well not really.. Who is Miguel Indurain anyway?

Here's Russell dropping in. Fancy pants! I'm always a little nervous when I ski with him. I had to stow my camera and then chase after him and it was pretty steep.

5 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

Whoa! Looks like fun! :)

don said...

A good day to go out on. 30th day skiing too.

Jules said...

Wow!! What fun that looks like, though I'm retty sure if I'd have been there you wouldn't have been able to pull me away from the vibrations of the snowcat!!!! I'd have been played out before I even got to the top of the mountain!

don said...

Jules, stop! I might have to go down to my Pall Mall post and get a cigarette.. :)

Jules said...

hehehe... oops Sorry!! ;OP