Sunday, May 21, 2006

Sunday go to meet'n



Here is a photo of a small gathering of cows that I took on my bike ride Sunday morning in Montana. All herfords. Some folks call them white face cows, but I call them herfords. The barn on the left is painted with a white face and a red body to match the red cowhide of the herfords. Some call it brown, but some call it red when it's on a cow. It's as if the cows have their own church.

And in the background, a little white church containing a small congregation of Luthrans.

(I had to edit this from when I first wrote it as it sounded way too much like something Garrison Keillor might have written. It was interesting however. The geese all together over here, the cows over there together, and back over there the christians. All meeting in their respective places on Sunday morning. The Presbyterian church is not far away.)

I guess this church has now become the community center and not just a church. They have kind of an ongoing bazaar there during the week. People drop items off they no longer want. There is a little old lady that looks after it. From what I understand, they don't charge anything. If you want something you can just have it.

No comments: