Sunday, April 20, 2008

I smoke

I don't smoke BTW, but on the subject of smoking and ski lifts,..

Some time ago I jumped on a double chair with this old dude. He had to be in his seventies. As we left the ground he looked over and warned me in a stern voice, "I smoke!"

"Well that's ok," I responded, in a pensive tone, "As long as you don't catch on fire..." .

He got a big laugh out of that one, and we had a nice conversation the rest of the way up. :) Actually I was glad to be on the same chair and not down wind with regard to his smoking.

Here's a picture taken last weekend taken from the ski lift, when we thought spring had arrived. Yesterday it snowed all day in the mountains and may as well have been January. That made it tricky skiing as it was fresh snow over ice.

2 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

Nice photo!

I almost wish the skier was in a different position on the mountain.

don said...

Thanks, I tried to get the person before this guy and missed. (The tracks in front of this guy.)

This guy has some nice form going on. He's using the whole slope and making long clean turns. I like that.