Thursday, August 21, 2008

Kitchen door

It's hard to believe it was over 100 degrees last week, and in the 90s even in Seattle. And now in Montana it was cold enough to snow a little up in the mountains. It was really dark when I got here and I took a picture through the back screen door into the kitchen. I can see that the moon is trying to come out from behind the clouds that are hanging over the mountains to the east. Above the sky is inky black with lots of stars where there aren't any clouds. The wind is blowing and waves breaking on the shore of the lake. I'm afraid I'm going to have to go down to the shore and drink a beer. I hope there aren't any bears down there. I saw a young cougar on the way over. Slinky thing.

2 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

Cool photo!

I hope your beer was a good one.

don said...

Thanks! The screen door cropped the picture for me.