Sunday, September 24, 2006

Trail of the Coeur D' Alenes

Today I decided to go for a bike ride on the Trail of the Coeur d' Alenes.Trail of the Coeur D'Alenes Wow! what an awesome bike trail! All I could say to myself the whole time was Wow! The river was clean and pure and the woods smelled really sweet.

I rode first from Enaville to Pinehurst and back. Then I went to Bull Run Lake and back to Enaville. There is a map on the website if you want to see where I went. I got there about 10:00 am and it was still chilly. So I rode to Pinehurst first just to see if I could deal with the cold air without taking a bunch of layers. I decided I could ride with just jersey and shorts. I rode 31 miles total. I'm still 350 miles from my goal of 1500 miles. I just might make it, but no way will I get to 2000 miles.

This bike trail is right in the middle of my range, (I'm just like an animal that never leaves it's range.) and I've never ridden this bike path, so I was very glad I decided to check it out. I'll have to explore more of it at some point, perhaps in a couple of weeks when the fall colors start to pop. I took a lot of photos of the river. The water is so clear that if you look closely, you can see the trout by their shadow on the bottom. I'd watch them circle and then come up for a bug. You can see all of the rocks on the bottom of the river.

No comments: