Thursday, September 28, 2006

Lunch bike ride

Today I rode my bike to work, then rode it at lunch on the Centenial Trail that goes along the Spokane River, and then rode home. A total of 21 miles. There are bike paths that lead to the trail from where I work. I took a lot of photos, mostly at lunch. This photo is along the Spokane River not too far from where I work. I also live a couple of blocks away from the river and access to the trail. This bike path is really nice and an asset to the community. Most of the way it is hard to believe you are in the middle of such a populated area. When the water is high in the spring there is a lot of white water and people are on kayaks and white water canoes. The guys in the canoes are really excentric, kayaks aren't good enough for them. They are canoe snobs if you ask me. I can't stand those guys who use canoes and not kayaks. (Im just kidding!) I have nothing against people in canoes. Actually I wish I had one of those "things" to add to all of my fleet of boats.

I called my lunch order at the so called San Francisco Sourdough for when my ride would be over. This is something I do from time to time. I tell them when I'm going to be there to pick up my order and they let me use their drive through on my bike. They seem to get a kick out of a bike using it, and I think I might be the only one who does. The regular fast food chains where I work won't let people use drive throughs on bikes. So Go Sourdough!

3 comments:

GrewUpRural said...

When I was younger, I worked at a fast food restaurant. I never had anyone come through on a bike. I had people come through on foot. Sometimes we would serve them, it just depended on the manager on duty.

Diane Lowe said...

::sigh:: I miss trees. The trees here are "funny looking". :)

Go San Francisco Sourdough!!!

don said...

grewuprural; It is such a car culture we live in. I'm of course a product of it also. Thankfully there are lots of bike paths here, now if only more people would use them. Some day the oil will run out and drive up windows will become a thing of the past, like drive-in movies. We will sit around and say "remember when..."

diane; It is kind of un-said/ said that trees are too easy of a photo subject. But I like taking photos with trees in them. It's kind of hard not to around here. The fall colors are starting to happen, and then it will be a long winter. I will head to the top of the mountains with my skis above the valley gloom.