Monday, October 08, 2007

Monitor problems

The other day my monitor at work started to konk out. It's a really nice NEC CRT monitor. Very good dot pitch resolution. I do drafting, cad and graphics on it. So I thought I'd try a flat screen. I got one and set it up. But it really sucks in compairison for what I'm doing. So I'm going to try and take it back tomorrow and get another NEC CRT. I see that Dell has them still, but I'm sure there will be a day when you can't get them. I have an NEC CRT here at home also, so I guess I"m spoiled. Everyone says flat screens are so great and all of that. But they aren't in compairison to a nice CRT, at least not yet.

*****
Update: I pawned the NEW MONITOR off on another artist, so I won't have to return it. It works better with his system as he has a new tower. But I still like this old one better as lines in cad and text are much more crisp. So I'll get another one of THESE while I still can.

3 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

I have not one, but *two* flat-screen monitors at work! Although one is a little bit better than the other one in terms of image quality. I guess for what I'm doing (typing), image quality isn't such a big deal. It's really nice having the extra workspace.

I remember going to the optomotrist this year and she about freaked when I told her how much time I spent in front of a computer or reading books. My eyes were fine though.

Megan said...

I have chair issues. I cannot seem to find a chair the fits me. I am thinking about ordering one of those ergo ball chairs. Tired of my back killing me...

don said...

Diane, This monitor is extra wide so I can move all my tools to the side. I do like that part of it. And it might just be my tower. I'm going to see if one of the other artists wants this one before I take it back. It's really attractive. I found an NEC CRT one at Dell.

Megan, I had the same problem with chairs. I finally found one at Office Depot that I can deal with. But I feel your pain.