Monday, June 29, 2009

Don't touch my screen!

People who know me, know that I don't like it when people touch my screen. My computer screen. That's not exactly accurate,.. I hate it when people touch my screen! When you touch something it leaves finger prints. I guess it comes from wearing glasses. I always keep my glasses clean so I can see clearly. There's nothing worse than finger prints on something you have to look at or look through.

As you know if you read this blog I work as a graphic artist. It really bothers me if someone tries to touch my screen while I'm working, pointing at this or that. You can point at it without touching the screen. If you touch it you will leave a mark or a scratch. Then I'll have to deal with it. Forever!.. And that really bothers me!

I'm disturbed by screen touchers, but what I really don't like are touch screens. I know a few things about plastics. They don't make a plastic that can't be scratched, I don't care what they say. Show me a non-scratch plastic and I'll show you how to scratch it. Why would you touch something you had to look at? Clearly designed by people who never wore glasses or have no visual sensitivity. When I heard that they came out with a touch screen computer like it's this wonderful thing, I'm thinking I totally hate that idea! I hope they don't all become like that. I don't want to look at something with a million finger prints and scratches on it.

And here's the real kicker. When I'm working on my computer with a customer watching and they start touching my screen. What am I going to do? I have to sit there and let them violate my screen like that.

You don't go to the museum and start fondling all of the paintings!... "Oh look at the boobs on that one!"... touch touch touch...

I've thought about having a sign made to put on the boarder of the screen that says, "please don't touch my screen." But I don't want to put a sign on my screen..

I can't stand it when people stick things on screens...

4 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

Hee hee hee! -> ""Oh look at the boobs on that one!"... touch touch touch..."

They don't touch the boobs on the paintings because they aren't as nice to touch as the boobs on real people. . . .

My new phone has a touch-screen keypad. I actually really like the interface. I do think the screen will get scuffed up but the phone will get replaced in a couple years so it's not a big deal.

A monitor, on the other hand. . . . .

Smudges on glasses or windshields drive me nuts too . . . .

don said...

A phone is a little different I guess.

I was horrified to think that all computers might be like that in the future.

Jules said...

Just stick the sign undeerneath the screen, or make a big deal out of it and hang it on your office (or cubicle) door... Become a spectacle, they'll all love you for your quirk.

In the meantime... can you explain to me how you go to a museum and NOT touch the boobs and stuff?

don said...

I don't touch them.. I just think about touching them. That's what museums are for,. to contemplate such things..