Friday, June 26, 2009

Smell the latex

I haven't been posting that much lately. I suck in this respect. Not only that, I haven't been cycling as much as I should. My house needed painting and I've been doing that. It's no excuse though and I realize. I'm so burned out after work and then I come home and paint.

But there's a certain calm in painting. Houses... (there's no calm in art painting/ oil painting for me. That's like work. I always stress when I do that.) But house painting, you're up on that ladder and spreading out the latex.. It's a summer thing. Mindless in a way, but rewarding too.

That's been my world. Up on a ladder painting my house. The smell of the latex. The clink of the extention ladder as I raise and lower it. The feel of the water when I clean out the brush.

Well there's that.

I want to something about the King of Pop but I can't find the right direction. I loved some of the music. There's something strange though, and not just about his death.

4 comments:

Jules said...

Painting alone can be relaxing, for sure.

Since you love it so much, how about coming up here and doing my fence and deck for me this summer? ;OP

don said...

I'll be there in a minute.

Jules said...

If it ever freaking stops raining so I can stain the fence, I'll give you a call! ;O)

don said...

I'm only happy when it rains.