Sunday, December 14, 2008

The gesture of a shiver

I only left the house once yesterday. It has gotten really cold and windy. Around ten degrees or so I imagine and blow zero with the wind chill. I"m starting to get used to the cold now again but it took a while this year.

I left the house to go to the local grocery store operated by a guy from India and his family. I asume he's from India anyway. We've sort of become friends and he always seems happy to see me, although I suspect that not everyone here has been friendly to them.

We talked about the cold weather as I checked out with my groceries. He smiled and made the gesture of a shiver. I'm not exactly sure what he said other than it's cold, but there was warmth in his sheepish smile.

2 comments:

Jules said...

This post really touched my heart. Thank you for writing it!

don said...

I'm just spreading the warmth. :) I saw that it got a little cold up your way. Stay warm.