Thursday, July 06, 2006

Lightning struck


Well today there was a thunder storm while I was at work and my house either got hit or it had a serious power surge. I lost my computer and my surround sound system. The cable box also went out and my VCR. I do use the VCR to record ski races and bike races when I'm not home. I do have insurance but it would only save me half of the cost and I'm not sure I want to make a claim as it might be better to just pay. None of my TVs were lost but they aren't very expensive. So now I'm using my old computer and it is crawling. Plus I can't manage new photos. So I'm going to be getting a new computer. But I can't decide what to get. I'm really sad about my sound system as it was so nice and there was no reason to upgrade it. God has a problem with me I guess.

I did find some old photos on this old computer. So if this works here is a photo from a bike tour. I was riding with the local racing club. I used to take a disposable camera and would get snaps from the riders viewpoint. I was the only rider that wasn't a club member staying with these guys. They didn't mind and were actually pretty cool about it as I remember.

No comments: