Sunday, December 17, 2006

On the lift (Dave)

"That's a nice hat!" I said after we came off of the ground on the chairlift. I made a little small talk knowing I had to get a photo. "My name's Don, what's your name?" "Dave, mmm." Dave would speak and then make this "mmm" sound. It was unusual. "That looks like a warm hat." I said. "Yes, mmm, mmm." Dave said. "Do you mind if I take a photo for my blog?" "No! mm.... mm." Who knows what he really looks like. He's going to Reno for Christmas. Dave was a good sport, and happy to have his photo taken in his warm hat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He reminds me of Wilson, the Taylors' next door neighbor in Home Improvement

don said...

He was really a character in that hat. I'm going to try and post conversations and photos of interesting people on the lift.

I'm going to call the posts "on the lift" and then the first name of the person. If they are cool with it.

Anonymous said...

I recognize that nose AND those sunglasses. Do you realize that you were sitting next to Brad Pitt on the chairlift?

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of Billy Bob Thornton in the movie Sling Blade. Mmmm. Mmmm.

Looking forward to more posts from "on the lift."