Sunday, December 03, 2006

State song

This is how it looked on the ski hill early Sunday morning. It's not a great photo but gives you an idea. That is the north end of Pend Oreille Lake in north Idaho looking east. In the distance is Montana.

And here is the first verse to the Montana state song. (might not be exaclty right)

Montana Montana,
Glory of the west.
From north to south from coast to coast,
You're easily the best.

Montana Montana,
Where skies are always blue.
M, O, N, T, A, N, A.
Montana I love you.

Ok... Now that I have that out of my system... (The skies are usually blue.)

I had a much better day today. My arm is ok, so I must not have torn my rotator cuff. Thank goodness. My hand is a little goofed up however but nothing serious. I was such a spaz to jump like that. Thankfully it didn't end my season on the first day or scratch up my skis. I feel pretty good about my shape. Other than my shoulder and hand, I'm not even sore. So that tells me that all of my cycling has payed off. Usually after the first day of skiing people are sore and can barely walk. I'm not even sore on my boot tops and I skied hard for two days. So cool. I'm starting to find center on my skis again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm glad you're OK.

If it makes you feel even more good about what great shape you're in, I took a 30-minute abs class the other day at my gym. I was sore for 4 days. My leg (don't ask) is still stiff.

don said...

In fairness, I did throw my back out last month by just bending over to take off my boots.