Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday night

I got up at about 5:00 am yesterday and turned on the hall light and, POOF the light fixture exploded sending sparks down to the floor. That woke me up! So I got out my flashlight and removed the fixture from the ceiling and inspected the electrical box up there to make sure the house wasn't going to burn down before I went back to bed. The fixture hand shorted out. Of course it was Thanksgiving and so I coudln't go to Home Depot to get a new fixture. But today is Black Friday and my sister reported that all of the parking lots are jammed full of people. Crazy. So I think I'll wait until tomorrow to get a new light fixture. It will be Black Friday night in the hall at my house without it.

2 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

I'm glad you didn't get hurt! What an adventure!

Did you get a new light fixture? Does it work splendidly?

don said...

Yes, today I got a new light fixture. At first I couldn't find my wire nuts but then I did and it works great.