Sunday, November 25, 2007

Think bighorn

If you live in my neighborhood and you don't have Christmas lights up yet you are slacking!...I'm slacking. The people here are over the top with Christmas lights. I'll post some photos soon.

It's been cold and grey here. They say it will snow soon. I haven't taken any photos lately so I've been looking through photos I took during the summer. I took a whole bunch of photos in Glacier Park on a couple of different trips. I took lots of bighorn photos at two different times. This one wasn't too bad as the ram was standing there frozen and I had my little Nikon cool pix on maximum zoom. This guy has almost a full curl. Notice how his horns go all the way around. That is a pretty much a full curl but not quite. It isn't that easy to get a photo of a bighorn BTW. Normally you only see them from a distance even in Glacier Park. They don't just stand around like mountain goats do.

You can see the other Glacier bighorn photo I posted HERE. These are not the same animal. Notice that the curl of the ram in the photo above is almost, if not full. The curl on the ram in the link photo is only about 3/4 or so. And on the subject of bighorn sheep photos, HERE is another bighorn photo I took not far from the cabin last year.

***

I might be wrong about the curl on the bighorn in the first link. I'm looking down on it and when I click on the photo to make it bigger I can see he has about the same curl as the one above but the animal looks bigger or older. They were in different places however and aren't the same animal.

4 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

I remember driving around with my parents and looking at houses with Christmas lights. It was nice.

That is a nice looking bighorn.

don said...

I've never been at a place that is as over the top with Christmas lights as here. I'll post some photos soon.

He's a nice healthy bighorn. They've really managed the bighorn population in Montana well in the last two decades from what I understand. It might explain why it seems to be getting easier to get a photo of one.

TRM said...

Nice ram, I like bighorn sheep, a power and majesty to them. I'm slacking on the X-mas lights too, but the wife has the wooping stick out and the lights will be hung soon.

don said...

I have only one string of lights. And they say they should be replaced every three years?