Monday, November 26, 2007

The promise of snow

They promised it would snow tonight. It finally did. There was nothing after work and it was dark when I drove home. So I covered up my wood pile with a tarp, I put the canopy on the truck and then I hunkered down. There is about an inch of snow on the ground now and they say there will be about 5 inches over night. There is something about the snow. It changes everything. It hides imperfections.
***
Here is my car as seen out of my office window this morning, and my lovely view of the street. My car says, "I want to take you skiing don!"

2 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

Wow. How does your car do in snow?

I'm terrified that I'm going to drive up to Utah this Christmas and have to deal with snow. It's a light car (around 2300 lbs without me) and sometimes at highway speeds you can really feel how light it is.

Your car looks pretty content under a blanket of snow!

don said...

I read an article once that said my car was heavy for it's class. I can't remember the weight. I want to say 2700. It works great in the snow but I put studded tires on it (which I need to do tonight) I wouldn't need to but sometimes in parking lots of ski resorts it's really a good thing and the pass into Montana.

This Tiburon is the best snow car I've ever owned. It seems to track really straight in the snow. The Honda Prelude I had before this did not for some reason. I think it has to do with weight distribution.

I know that some of the California passes they require chains some of the time. Donner pass is one of those. If you don't have them they make you buy them and they put them on if you can't and charge you. I have set of cable chains for my car. But I've never really needed them.