Thursday, December 20, 2007

My lights

I thought I'd show you my Christmas lights since I haven't been out taking photos of my neighbors lights. I put up one string of white lights over my fire place. I think it looks cool but you really can't tell by this photo. I also started my new pellet stove insert tonight for the first time. It works great. It was really cold in here before I started it and now it's quite warm. I bought this thing when it was 90 degrees out this summer so I got it for half price. I had one that konked out but this one is much more advanced. Still you have to adjust the air flow just like the old one. It gives you the warmth and feeling of a fire without all of the mess, it doesn't cost much to use it, and it burns very clean so I can use it when there are regular burning bans.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Looks nice, cozy and warm!

Very well done.

The Wordpecker said...

Nice lights!

We had a pellet stove for a while. The winter we first had it, there was a workplace accident at the local pellet factory and the plant closed for a month or more. The pellets were hard to find that winter.

Burning ban?

don said...

I started the stove for the second time and it started right up. Much easier than my old stove. One button starting. It's very cool,.. hot.

Here in redneck land there is never a shortage of pellets. I think only once in all of the time I've had a pellet stove there was a rumor of a shortage. I don't use the stove that much as I have some other sources of heat. If worse came to worse then I'd use the wood stove in my basement.

We are sort of in the mountains. At the very edge of the Rocky Mountains actually. If a high pressure system comes in, it can create an inversion in the valleys and that traps stagnant air. They sample the air, and when it gets bad they ban burning unless you have an EPA certified device, as they burn clean. My wood stove is certified stove, and all pellet stoves qualify as they burn so clean.