Sunday, December 23, 2007

Sad sappy sucker

Last night I went to a Christmas party. I wasn't sure how that would turn out as it's one of those things where you might end up standing around with nobody to talk to, but I figured if nothing else I would come away with something to think about or even write about. My highschool art teacher was there, George Gogas (see below) and I was able to talk to him for a while unlike at his art show. We had a nice conversation. Some guys who I've cycled and skied with in the past were there also, so I talked to each of them for a while, and I did flirt with one woman who was actually repsonding. (I think) She was wearing a hot little black dress but it wasn't enough to keep her warm. She wanted to stand next to this heater vent that was causing her dress to fill with air. I told her that this was making me perspire. I got a nice smile out of that line, but sadly I couldn't stay, and I thought I'd better leave before I got myself in over my head. All in all it wasn't a bad party. I'm not really a party going person though.

Today I took Lizzie out for some last minute shopping. We ended up going to a music store and I bought her a CD and I bougth a CD for my trip home. I got Modest Mouse sad sappy sucker. So we'll see about that. I saw those guys on TV once. I can't remember what she picked out.


Tonight I went for a late night walk. There was a skiff of snow on the ground and a cold wind blowing out of the canyon as I walked across the bridges over the river. Someone had recently been beaten up on one of the bridges here so I decided to take my maglite with me. I figured I'd just konk them on the head, but nobody was really out except for a few cyclists. This is the only place I know of where you would see so many people getting around on bikes in the winter. I'll try and get some photos.

4 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

Montanan women are so crazy! I used to be one of those girls that would wear a miniskirt out when there was still snow and ice on the ground - but for some reason I never really got cold to the point where I would complain about it.

You should have gotten her number though! ;) On the other hand, if she's crazy enough to wear a LBD and not have the gumption to pull it off in dead of winter, she probably isn't right for you. Beauty is pain! Just look at high heeled shoes!

Sometimes I worry about getting attacked in the city. I always figure I could use a key or something and poke their eye out. It's a pretty girly chicken-poo thing to do. There's a women's self-defense jiu-jitsu class I've been thinking about taking here though. That might work slightly better.

don said...

I know, the little black dress was.. well a little unusual. Perhaps I was the one person it was meant to target. I think I could find out who to call, but then I'd be the hunter. I think I'd rather be the hunted.

Diane Lowe said...

Hmm.

I don't know - I think it's traditionally the fellow's job to hunt, but then sometimes I think the game is much more tease-and-be-teased.

It's weird because sometimes obvious lines really work.

I guess I have the first part of the game kind of figured out. I just don't know what to do when I feel confidant enough that the hunted has turned around and ensnared the hunter. It's like, "now what?"

don said...

One could carry around a contract,..I agree to go home with you under, but not limited to the following conditions... (of course I'm just kidding :)