Saturday, December 15, 2007

Inside out

I had to return home and leave my mom to be looked after by other family members and the hospital staff for now. It was hard to leave and I wish I was back there right now. They were going to release my mom from the hospital today but then she got sick so they kept her in. I took this photo while waiting for the elevator to take me down to the underground parking lot and my car. The window shows both inside the hospital and my direction home outside. I feel like I've been turned inside out. I'm sure my mom does too.

4 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

That's a lovely statue of Mary.

I'm sorry you feel turned inside out. I hope your mom feels better soon.

I'm glad you got home OK!

don said...

Thanks Diane,

As you might suspect this is a Catholic hospital. All of the statues came from the old building before they demolished it. I remember them from when I was very young. I think this is actually a sister, I forgot her name.

I love that sort of religious "art" object, and Christian art in general.

Diane Lowe said...

I like really Catholic art for some reason. So much of it is really good.

When I was in Butte there's a replica of Michelangelo's Pieta at St. Patrick's. I always thought that was a beautiful sculpture. There was also some very beautiful stained glass as well.

don said...

Of course most of the Christian art that we usually embrace was brought to us by Catholics in the renaissance after the so called "dark ages", but we do need to remeber that the Catholics also brought us the dark ages. :)