Saturday, December 01, 2007

Carwash Christmas

I promised I'd show you some Christmas lights in my neighborhood. I love to drive around and look at the lights, but I suck at putting them up. When I was a kid we had one string of big blue lights that went down our porch railing. You could see our tree inside. Then one year someone came along and took all of our bulbs. :( The dirty skunk! We never had lights again after that.

Now I only put up one string of lights and I put it over my fireplace mantle they are all white. I think it looks cool.

Anway there are people good at putting up lights and people not so good, and it isn't always about how many lights they use. Of course the critic in me always comes out, and as I drive around looking, I get judgemental.

I'm going to show examples of both good and bad displays, but remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So I'll start with this one,.. the local car wash. Notice the string of lights on the top of the roof... Very nice,... The green thing in the middle says "happy hollidays". I really like this display for some reason. (the white spots are snowflakes caught by my flash) Kind of adds to the festive mood of the picture, don't you think?

Dashing through the snow,
to the carwash we will go,...
oh how fun it is to show
a spraying place tonight,..

What would you say,.. Good or bad display?

4 comments:

Courtney said...

I LOVE holiday lights! Every year my hubby gets up on the roof to hang the white icicle lights... He hates doing it, but loves how excited I get to see them.

Keep that holiday spirit!

Diane Lowe said...

I think it's a pretty good display for a car wash!

I really like the light reflected from the snowflakes. It makes them look suspended in time and space.

I don't do Christmas lights. I used to be very into decorating for Christmas but I guess I'm just at that point in my life where it doesn't matter so much.

I'm actually not liking Christmas as much as I used to - I think because one of my favorite things to do would be to go to stores and look at their Christmas displays and Christmas "stuff", but now it's just such a nightmare to even go to the stores during the Christmas-shopping-nightmare.

don said...

Thanks Courtney. It's kind of difficult as I'm sure you know.

Be careful with those icicle lights. They are kind of dangerous as are all of these lights. I think I'd turn them off when you go to bed.

don said...

I feel kind of the same way at times Diane. But for some reason I'm kind of in the spirit this year. I can't explain why.