Monday, December 03, 2007

The phone call

It has been a long day. My mom had her cancer surgery today. She did well and is in an ICU now for two days. The photo is of the phone on the wall of the waiting room. When they are done that phone rings and they tell you how it went. It didn't ring for hours. When it did I got up and answered it. It was for me. Then when I found out about my mom it rang again. I answered again as nobody else did. Then I called out to that person. I became the phone answering guy. Then our doctor came and we had a talk in person.

4 comments:

The Wordpecker said...

Glad to hear your mom is doing well after her surgery. I'm sure it was an exhausting day for all of you waiting to hear from the surgical team. I wish you all a restful night.

don said...

Thanks. It was a day I don't want to go through again any time soon.

Megan said...

The waiting game...it sucks. But I am glad that your mom made it through the surgery. I hope she is resting and recovering in peace. And I hope you are holding up.

don said...

Thanks Megan.