Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Clinton Obama Ohio debate

I just got done watching the Clinton Obama debate in Ohio. It promised to be a good one and perhaps it was one of the best to date.

First off, I want to comment on the way they looked on camera. If you remember the Nixon Kennedy debate,.. well I'm sure you won't remember and neither do I, but it has been well documented that JFK looked much better on camera. He came in with a tan and looked young and hansom. I look through my camera a lot. I thought Obama looked much better on camera, and the camera angles worked in favor of Obama, even though I'm not sure he looks bad from any angle. Clinton looked good front on but not so much in profile, and the way the desk was positioned it did not favor her as she was often seen in profile. Also with regard to the way they looked, Obama had very very white teeth. He must be getting them bleached. Obama looked young and hansom. Clinton looked good from the front but not so good in profile. As far as how they looked on camera Clinton reminded me of Nixon and Obama reminded me of the young JFK. However, if we remember our history, Nixon came back from his defeat against JFK to become president later.

Aside from how they both looked, I thought that Obama was flawless. I don't think he screwed up at all. Clearly he he can handle the pressure. The questions from Russert were pretty difficult for both Clinton and Obama, and they both did well.

There was one moment with regard to foreign policy that I thought Clinton fell on her face. She was asked about Putin's successor, (Dmitry Medevev) And she couldn't pronounce his name. It was a Bush moment. Even I knew his name and can pronounce it. She mispronounced Medevev a couple of times and then said "whatever". My gosh! If I were Obama I would have corrected her and it would have been huge. Perhaps Obama didn't know either, but he missed a slam dunk, however I think Obama won the debate by not making any mistakes and showing that he could be very cool under pressure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're an idiot! i highly doubt that you were even aware of Putin's future successor's name at that time... let alone the correct
pronunciation. the question itself was a trick one - not something that someone who'd been on the campaign trail would be armed with.

SNL did a skit following this very debate -- lampooning how Sen Clinton was always thrown the tought questions, while the guy with no experience, Obama got to answer the same question --AFTER Clinton had stated the name.

Obama didn't pounce - because he counldn't. He didn't know the answer and simply regurgitate others political ideas to further is his own agenda. That agenda, demonstrated by obtaining a position in US Senate and 8months later announced his presidency, is not public service... rather it's
serving his ego.