Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Stepford wife

Since I broke a CV joint on my little car on all of the rough snowpacked roads, I've been driving my big old Ford redneck truck to work until I can get my car repaired. (I can assure you there is no way for me to ride a bike to work right now.) Anyway since it is soon to be Valentine's Day I bought a card for my Mom and wanted to mail it so it would be there on the 14th.

So I pulled in to the post office parking lot with old yeller, exaust leak and all, and right behind me was one of the local stepford wives in a very clean new Range Rover. I got to the door of the post office before she did. So of course I swung around and held the door open for her. Something I always do for any woman.

She was a pretty and well groomed woman. But she must have seen the Ford. It was as if a homless person had held the door open for her. Thank you she said almost in disgust. I guess I shouldn't hold the door open for women anymore.

Well I'll remember this, and when her Range Rover gets stuck in the snow, she just might be off of my list of people to pull out of the ditch with my old yellow Ford.

Kiss my butt stepford wife.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Ugghh. Some people are just so rude.

I like Old Yeller.

don said...

I think I violated her space, and I've never understood the whole Range Rover thing. I think I'd actually be a little embarrassed to drive one at least in some parts.

The Wordpecker said...

Hmmmm. In the absence of her good manners please let me say, on behalf of all of the women across the globe, walking through doorways......


.....Thank you! :)



(Goes to show, you can't buy good manners.)

don said...

You're more than welcome WP. It's not going to stop me. I've been imprinted to do it.