Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Like a rock

It's been a long day. Had to get up at 4:00 am to drive in the darkness and blowing snow for a couple of hours to a conference. We were kind of concerned about the road conditions and one of the two routes down there got closed due to drifting snow. So I went the other way. I drove down by myself as I had a dinner date. The conference part of it actually went pretty well even though I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open all day. Then I met a very nice woman for dinner which I have been looking forward to as she lives in pretty much the same place as the conference. Then I drove back home in wind snow and darkness for a couple of hours. Got home at 8:pm I'm going to sleep like a,..rock. I don't know why I said that...

Do rocks sleep? What do rocks do during the day? Did they sleep before when they were mud and hadn't yet become rocks?

It's been a long day. The next thing I know it will be morning and I'll be drinking the mud.

2 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

Dude! Spill!

How did the date go?

don said...

I was pretty burned out from getting up so early, driving in the wind and snow and darkness for two hours in the morning to get there, and then being at the conference all day. I was sort of in a daze by the time I met her.

Dinner was certainly the best part of the day and it was nice to be in her company. We had chicken wings with this sticky red sauce all over it, so I got sauce all over my hands and face.