Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Avocado breakfast muffin

Here is a breakfast sandwich that Curt turned me on to. Have to give him full credit.

It's a great thing for a guy to make for a woman the morning after a romantic evening. In the ski condo perhaps. You do need a toaster or a grill. If there are any guys out there, I've actually field tested this one and it is really hard to screw it up. So if you want to make some points with that special female on a weekend, I pretty much guarantee this will work. I'm not sure if it would work on a guy if you are a female. If you are female just indulge yourself. It's fattening but really good. You deserve it.

Avocado english muffin breakfast sandwich

1-2 avocados depending on how many you want. (Believe me, you will each want more than one of these. It's that good.)
1 lemon
1 package of spicy or (alfalfa sprouts)
1 package of cream cheese or (goat cheese or brie)
1 package of english muffins
margarine, butter or olive oil

1 bottle of chardonnay or another chilled white wine.

Cut the avocado into thin slices. Of course you remove the skin. (some guys might not know this.,,remove the pitt too) You make one of these at a time and then serve it as you make them. Toast an english muffin. Butter or sprinkle olive oil on each half. on the bottom half place a layer of avocado slices, Then a layer of sprouts, and then twist lemon on that. Then place a layer of cream cheese then put the top on. If you use brie make sure you cut off the hard "crust" that is on the outside of the cheese. (Another thing a guy might not know.)

Serve with a glass of chardonnay. (kind of optional) Hey, you have no where to go except back to bed, the hot tub or the slopes. I've found that a glass of white wine with this is killer.

Someone at work gave me two avocados today so insantly I knew what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow. I went to Safeway to get the sprouts cheese and lemon and they had english muffins for $3!, a very small bag. I'm like, no way! To I'm going to try this on a bagel as they have really good bagels. Just an experiment. It won't be light enough that way. If you do this please use english muffins.

I'm walking down this isle in the store, and this young woman barked, "You need to straighten up!" It startled me as I was right next to her. I didn't notice her child at first. So I said jokingly, "Oh, I thought you were talking to me." She looked at me, smirked and said, "You need to straighten up too!" "Ok..." I responded as a slinked away.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm impressed. That avocado breakfast muffin sounds delicious! I don't think it would work on a guy either; he'd roll over and go back to sleep.

How sweet is the white wine you use? I love Muscato D'Asti, but it's a very sweet dessert wine. Apricoty and slightly bubbly.

don said...

I usually like dry wines. Chardonnay and chenin blanc are what I would usually buy in white wine. (Washington state makes some great wine.) But A riesling would be ok with this and the wine you describe would work fine.

You must try this muffin with or without the wine!

Anonymous said...

I'm a guy... if a woman made this for me the morning after... I'd marry her.

One tip, though. It's easier to put the cream cheese on first, instead of on top of the avacado.

Curt

don said...

Yes Curt, That would work better. I've been putting the cheese on the top half of the muffin, avocado on the bottom and sprouts in the middle. I like your way better.

I agree, most guys would like this. We are rednecks, and we like it! :) But marriage,..I think there'd have to be some beer involved.

If you are a woman making this for a guy, then serve it with beer and not wine. (imported beer) All recipes need to be tweeked a little I guess.

Speaking of rednecks, Thor got a nice whitetail buck. I'll send you a photo. I didn't think it was suitable to post. Glen sent it to me. Thor was using a muzzle-loader in a special north Idaho season.