Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Democratic debate

I watched the democratic debate tonight. I was a little disappointed that a fight didn't break out. This time Clinton kept her cool. I think that worked in her favor. I'd like to see John McEnroe run for president. He'd get really upset and start throwing things around. He'd start in on the moderators.

So for once I can't really say who came out ontop. The media is saying Clinton but I'm not so sure. Russert caught her up in in a vote issue about bankruptcy. She voted for a bill that would punish people who had no option but to file for bankruptcy for medical reasons. (correct me if I'm wrong as I'm trying to remember a bunch of stuff without having written it all down) Clinton countered by saying that the bill didn't pass and she was glad it failed. (?)

Obama seemed to stumble around like usual verbalizing his positions. He was however consistent but you really had to listen. I don't know about the comment he made about loosing papers. I'm not sure that played well... "Now where did I put that paper that told us how to stop the nuclear retaliation?...and where did I put those keys?.. They must be around here somewhere,... Not those!.. those go to the caddy,.. The ones we are looking for have a yellow tri-chevron on them,.."

Edwards was on point.

So who won? I'd say that Edwards won the debate.

1. Edwards
2. Clinton
3. Obama

However, both Clinton and Edwards were farther left than Obama. On the issue of Gun control, I thought Obama was the most Moderate. He seemed to be the most moderate on all of the issues. That might work well in the end but won't help getting the democratic nomination.

1 comment:

Diane Lowe said...

I think it's kind of interesting how both sides are like, "Let's see how crazy left/right we can get to win the nomination" then after they win they are like, "See how moderate and normal we are?"

Very bizarre.