Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Dentist conspiracy

I've never liked clowns. I don't like pictures of clowns either. And now we find out that children DON'T LIKE CLOWNS

And I don't like having my blood pressure taken at the dentist either. Yesterday I was getting my teeth cleaned and my gal grabbed my wrist and put a blood pressure thing on it. I'm like, What!? Well I hate being at the dentist and I usually stress out at least some not to mention that they hang me upside-down when they clean my teeth. My pressure was 133 over 79, but I question the results.

So why are you taking my blood pressure? I asked. Well we figure people never go to the doctor... Hmm..I'm thinking there might be another reason. Some sort of doctor/ dentist conspiracy, no doubt resulting in higher insurance rates.

5 comments:

Megan said...

I have a sticker that says: Can't sleep clowns will eat me.

What I don't like about the dentist is the fact that they talk to you nonstop, while they have both hands in your mouth and have you hanging upside down.

Diane Lowe said...

I was at the OBGYN today, and they always take my blood pressure and weight there (as well as ask for a urine sample so they can give me a pregnancy test that I know will come up negative and will cost me an additional $20). I was 102/70 today.

I'm halfway tempted to start messing with the nurse who deals with my urine sample. Like start writing "TreeTop" or something on the cup instead of my name. But then it's probably not her fault she has to execute some dumb policy.

The Wordpecker said...

Imagine your blood pressure reading if you got to your dentist appointment and he was dressed up like a clown! :)

don said...

Megan, clowns kind of remind me of,..well cross dressers. (nothing against cross dressers BTW,...)

That's good blood pressure Diane. I don't think I've ever been that low. You must be very healthy. You would think they would let you opt out of the test but perhaps too many women are in denial.

You haven't seen Dr. Moosejaw WP...
(I'm just kidding doc if you are out there reading! You're a great dentist honest. It's why I keep coming back.)

Diane Lowe said...

Thanks Don!

:D

I like the idea of being really healthy. Although I don't think I run nearly enough! But it's always been low like that - under 110/80.

Now the trick is to keep it that low! ;)