Monday, January 21, 2008

Show me the door

I'm back home now. My mom just has to get used to eating solid food again gain some strength and with luck she will be back to normal. When this whole jounrey started in the fall, I said I'd "confront" it. I'm not sure I really confronted cancer on my blog. I think the only way you can really confront cancer is to get it for yourself.

I take with me impressions of the whole experience both in my mind and on the memory card of my camera. The photo above is of the corridor I walked down so many times. It connects the two different sections of the hospital and you have to use it to get from the parking lot to the hospital rooms. I saw lots of different people here. I took this photo the last time I walked down it. It's empty on the weekends and at night.

This is the little flat screen that has the conference room schedule graphic on it that you can see a detail of HERE or just scroll down to Jan 18th.

2 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

I think it's OK.

There's no way any one of us confronts a personal crisis. You just do it, and get it over with. Hopefully you don't let it get you down. That's all.

I'm glad your mom is doing better, but it sounds like it'll be a little while before she's fully recovered.

don said...

Thanks Diane, and yes it will will take a while for her to heal.