Saturday, January 26, 2008

Train tracks and a power line

It's really snowing here right now. They said it would this afternoon and it is. I got up early this morning to go skiing. I waxed two pairs of skis last night so all I had to do was get up wolf down some breakfast and go. People were doing morning things. There was a guy in Carharts riding a four wheeler back to his trailerhouse from the gas station, his mullet haning down from the back of his visor cap. He must have gotten a paper or something he needed for breakfast. Down the road there was an old grey haired guy also wearing a visor cap getting out of his pickup to meet up with other old guys at a cafe for coffee or breakfast.

It was freezing rain on the mountain. I took a few recreational race runs. I crashed once but did it gracefully and did not get hurt. I had to keep scraping the ice off of my goggles to see. After a while I noticed that my jacket was turning white, and then my chest started to get cold. A layer of ice had formed on my ski jacket. It was really unusual. It wasn't wet, just cold.

I left early to avoid all of the snow and it was a good thing I left when I did as it really got bad out. On my way home I stopped and took some pictures with my new camera. The battery door on my little coolpix broke so I bought a new one, a Nikon P5100. It's pretty cool. I can set the shutter and the f-stop or both, or run the camera in fully auto mode. It also lets me choose the "film" /ISO speed. And it takes the flash from my big Nikon digital, but it's a little bitty camera. I find that I'll use a small camera more than a big one. Despite having two digital SLR cameras, I'd always want to use my little coolpix.

Anyway I've been taking photos of train tracks and power lines now for some reason, and I think that would make for a good country and western song;

Train tracks and a power line,
She just spent my last dime,..

2 comments:

The Wordpecker said...

...for my Coolpix I still pine
I sure do wish it was just fine


(Well, the critics definitely wouldn't describe it as mainstream.)

don said...

Mainstream would be,

I want to check you for ticks,
With my coolpix,..

:)