Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Bad week


It has been a bad week for cycling due to rain. I did get in a couple of rides in Montana on the single speed, and the good thing about that is that it is over 1000 feet higher in elevation. However, I haven't been able to ride to work due to the thunderstorms and downpours. I did get in one evening ride. I rained all day here today. I'm a wuss. Rain doesn't stop people from riding in Seattle. It is odd as I can remember last summer going days on end without any rain. It got hot and I would have done anything for just one rain storm. So I do like the rain.

The streets have kind of dried out so after I finish this I'm going to go out on the bike. It will be nice tomorrow so I'll ride to work.

On another note, I was sleeping on the couch with my cat Spunky. She was stretched out on my chest with her front paws on my neck. She clawed into my neck with one claw. I didn't think anything of it at the time but it kind of got infected and looks like a mosquito bite. It is dead center of my neck where they might do a tracheotomy if I needed one, and it looks really silly.

Spunky is a so called Hemingway cat. Polydactyl as she has extra toes. I always wanted a cat like this. They are known for being fighters, and I guess you can pay a lot of money for one. She loves to box, and she is pretty smart. She has a pretty large vocabulary of words she understands.

Here is a photo of her. You can see on her right paw her "thumb". She can really grab things with those paws as they curl in like a human hand. She is kind of a devil cat, as she always has her ears back and an attitude about things. Once I got up in the middle of the night to get a drink of milk. I was half asleep. She attacted me, bit me on the ankle and then ran off. It scared the H out of me. But she pulled her punch and didn't really bite me hard. She was just funnin. She is also very sweet. I'm the only person she likes.

No comments: