Monday, June 26, 2006


It's hot. I rode to work this morning and had a nice tail wind. Then on my way home I'm cranking along and a guy rides up behind me on a Litespeed Vortex. A very nice titanium bike. The best frame Litespeed makes. And I expected him to just pass me as I had my back pack and all. But he wants to chat and rides along side of me. I had my headphones on and I was listening to NPR. Just getting the news on my ride home. The first thing this guy says is about my head phones. How can I ride with them on and hear what is going on? I haven't tried that he says. I have the kind that just clip on my ears. I have kind of small ears and so there isn't much for them to clip on but he kind of takes issue with my use of these, as if I'm risking world safety or some crap. He told me that he hadn't tried it. I'm starting to think, WTF. (what the heck) I'm thinking if you want to pass me since he is obviously not commuting from work as he is all kitted out, then just go on and leave me alone as I'm listening to the news as I ride home. But he slows and rides along side of me and we get into this conversation. Starts asking me about my bike and on and on. So I chat with him. Not a bad guy actually. But I kind of got to the point of not wanting to talk with him any longer.

Here is a photo from my trip to Montana last weekend. Inspired by a photo that Veronica had on her blog. There is something calming about being next to the water.

No comments: