Friday, June 02, 2006

Charity ride

It has been raining most of the day. In the past I had been trying to get in one charity ride a month in the summer. But the three best ones all moved their rides to the same weekend. I could potentially ride one in central Wasthington Saturday and then one here in eastern Washington on Sunday. But that is putting two 100 mile rides back to back with quite a bit of travel in between. I'd ride 100 miles on Saturday and then drive back here for over 3 hours. So I decided to just stay here and look at riding on Sunday. The weather is calling for rain and wind on Sunday. So I might just say to heck with it and look for another ride later, or I could just do the 50 mile ride, and that would be not to much of a big deal even in the rain.

Tyler Hamilton is going to be here. One of the guys who rode for Lance Armstrong, and then rode with a broken bone for CSC. Then won the Gold medal in Athens on the road race I believe. Then got into a doping issue. I'll talk more about doping in cycling later.

Last year Franky Andreu was here at this ride. He also rode for LA. I went up to him and got his autograph on my number. He made kind of a scribble and there is no way you could tell it is his name. It would have been cool if he had just printed the word FRANK. Or something. He probably thought I'd sell it on e-bay or something. But I did thank him for coming and supporting Cancer Patient Care. It pays for people here who can't afford threatment or don't have insurance. It really is a good local outfit. If it is really raining hard I might just go and take photographs.

No comments: