Sunday, June 04, 2006

Other mother

I was waiting to get my hair cut last Thursday. There was a young woman with three children with her. Two little daughters and a baby who was 3 weeks old in a stroller.

When they got done and came up to the counter to pay, the mother told one of the girls that she was going to go and stay with her other mom. I immediatly thought about polygamy, but then realized that this must be a situation of divorce. This mother must have a new boyfriend or husband. It was a little confusing considering the age of the children, and hard to try and ignore, as I sat there waiting to get my hair cut.

It did make me think however. You can have numerous wives and childred, and as long as you get divorced, or never get married, it isn't considered polygamy. Curious.

No comments: