Sunday, June 04, 2006

Cancer Patient Care Bike Ride


Today was the 13th Loreen Miller Memorial bike ride for Cancer Patient Care. It is a great charity ride as the money all goes to help people pay for cancer treatment. It was pouring down rain so I decided not to ride and just go take some photos.

The community embraces this event. They were reporting the weather on the local morning news from the start of the ride. The mayor was there. The Airforce was represented, the Sheriff department rode their motorcycles, the Fire department was there, and I'm sure others. It is really cool as I've been places where these rides are seen as a nuisance.

Tyler Hamilton was also there to ride and is in the center of this photo. I don't think he would mind me posting this photo as he was really a good sport riding out with everyone in the rain. He was also really cool with eveyone, giving high fives to the kids and shaking hands with adults. I was really impressed. He looks like anyone else in this photo, and I couldn't help but think that cancer has this same view of people as it can strike at anyone.

No comments: