Friday, February 23, 2007

Tom Rothrock

I decided to take the day off and go skiing as we were between storms and it was going to be the only clear day to ski this weekend. They are having a USSA masters race this weekend, and I decided not to enter it as there is too much new snow and the forecast for the weened is not good. Today it was somewhat clear out and I wanted to be on the mountain so I went up for the day. They were running the Super G. I found out by overhearing a conversation, that Tom Rothrock who is on the US Ski Team was fore-running the race. So I went back to my car and got my little camera to see if I could get a shot of him. Between the first and the second run I weasled my way down the course and got into position. Here is the shot I got of him. I wish I had known he was going to be there as I would have taken my bigger camera. Rothrock is from central Washington and I think he is recovering from an injury. It was a treat to get to see him ski, but it isn't easy to get to, as they don't allow anyone on the course like I was. That's the problem with ski racing. They need to allow for spectators here and there on the course. This run is impossible to get to.

No comments: