Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Deer on the bike path

I jumped a whitetail deer this morning on the bike path while I was riding to work. First the deer ran right in front of me as the clicking of my freewheel spooked it. It jumped a fence that is beyond the trees on the right of the trail and beyond that is the freeway. I was worried it would try and cross the freeway as it would have gotten hit. So I stopped and got my camera out. Then it did come back and ran across the trail the other direction, but at least it was going in a safe direction. There's a road in that direction also but with far less traffic going much slower. You can just see it's tail and rear quarter on the left.

The Ironman Triathlon is coming to town this weekend. This section of trail was used for the bike leg of it last year.

2 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

That's amazing!

don said...

There are quite a few deer around as the mountains come down to the valley. Moose and elk also and lots of other forest animals.