Sunday, June 24, 2007

Ironman

Ironman triathlon came to Coeur d Alene this weekend. Competitors from all over the world were here.

This was the first guy to transition from the swim to the bike. They were so strong! I arrived too late to see the swim. :(

These were the second and third women to complete the bike leg and transition to the run. She has just ridden 112 miles and she looks totally fresh! She's going to run 26 miles! My gosh the women were strong and beautiful.

And speaking of beautiful women, I met Courtney who traveled here from far away with her newborn twins and her husband Brett, who was in the triatlon! She gets the bicycle log award for best sport! That is one of her twins under the green blanket and the other one is in the pram next to her.

At the transition from the bike to the run there were women who would slather on sun screen. These women really enjoyed this!

Victor Zyemstev of Ukraine won. I hope you see this Veronica! (you too Natalia)

Mike Lovato of the United States got 3rd. USA! USA! USA!

I've never been too interested in triathlon. This is the first time I've ever seen one. There were around 2500 competitors. I can see why people are so crazy about it. It's pretty cool, and motivates me to be on my bike more.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Thanks for the award! That made me feel good. I enjoyed chatting.
The twins and I made it through the day. In fact, we made it to the finishing area and ran through the finish line with my husband. The whole day was a great experience. I'm glad you got to see some of it this year. Take care!

don said...

Congratulations to team Courtney and Brett! Both with the race and your new family. I hope you visit Montana sometime.

Diane Lowe said...

I think my friend Krista is training for a triathelon. Wow! Makes me tired just thinking about it!

Great photos though!

don said...

Thanks! I took hundreds of photos. I'll post a few more after I sort through them all.

I got tired just walking around all day watching it!